Saturday 21 July 2012

Super Mario Bros. QAL

As I mentioned before, I am participating in the Super Mario Bros. QAL over at Cut To Pieces.

 My 6 year old had fun laying out the pieces.  It is going to be her pillow.
 She is so excited!
 This is before any seams were sewn.  It measured approximately 27"x27".
 This is after sewing the seams in one direction.
And here he is all done!  He is no longer square... he measures approximately 18"x19".  I think it is because I took a scant 1/4" seam allowance and because of the bulk of the fusible interfacing.  He is cute anyways.  My daughter loves him!  
She picked a red crackle fabric for the back of the pillow and I will embroider "Here we go!" on it before putting it together.  Hoping to finish it some time this weekend!
Next week we will start working on Luigi!

1 comment:

  1. Your Mario block looks perfectly sewn! I like the darker blue color you have for your background, I think it makes him stand out more than the aqua.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!