Friday 10 May 2013

TGIFF - Baby Quilt and Spring Mini

As promised earlier this week, here is a look at the baby quilt I was commissionned to make.

The pattern is Baby Charm Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.  I used fabric from the Walk in the Woods line by Aneela Hoey.  

I decided to quilt it on my PFAFF using straight lines at half inch intervals on the red and pink fabrics and one inch intervals in the white sashing.

I thought these pink dots were really cute for the back, and the binding is a Riley Blake fabric.

I also finished my Dreaming of Spring mini quilt for the swap hosted by Michele from the Quilting Gallery.

This pattern is from the book Fat Quarter Quilting by Lori Smith.  I love this book because it mixes applique and machine piecing and all of the quilts in the book measure 16" x 20".  


Here is a picture of the label I embroidered.


I love this quilt and am a little sad to have to send it off.  I truly hope my swap partner will like it and giving it away just gives me an excuse to make another!!

Have a great weekend everyone!  It is Mother's Day here on Sunday and I will be spending a part of the day with my mom at a quilt show!!  


Linking up to TGIFF at Quilt Matters.  Head on over and check out some great finishes.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, great finishes, Ginette. Fun and bright! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love straight line quilting and your flower pot applique is adorable!!! I really do love it! have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!