Friday 16 May 2014

TGIFF - Spring mini

I needed a mini quilt to hang on my little stand on my telephone table.

Some of you may remember me working on minis every month, back in 2012. I also made these cupcake minis for our birthdays.

Well, I never got around to making the minis for April, May or June. So last week, I found myself a cute little embroidery block in my digital library. I found a nice orange floral fabric and used it to pick out the thread for the embroidery. I stitched it out with my embroidery machine and then bordered it, including a periwinkle little folded border.

Then I quilted around the embroidery and in the border. I simply used straight lines. I followed the edge of my foot but I moved my needle over as far as I could so the lines wouldn't be too close together.

I found this lovely gold fabric in my stash to use for the binding.

I think it is adorable and it will be perfect in the stand for the months of April, May and June!

 

I am linking this finish up to TGIFF over at My Quilt Infatation. Go check out some other great finishes!

 

 

4 comments:

  1. This is a very nice little quilt. I love the border fabric which goes so well with the orange in the embroidery. I also love the little bunny . Do you know where you got the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it's adorable, Ginette! Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I,thought you had hand embroidered it!! Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect mini for Spring! I like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!