Monday 29 September 2014

Around The World Blog Hop

I am sure most of you have heard about the Around the World Blog Hop. It has been going on for a little while now. Bloggers everywhere are posting photos of their work and talking about their creative process.

My friend Katy who blogs over at Lethargic Lass tagged me last week so now it's my turn to share and answer the following questions.

1. What am I working on?

I always have many works in progress. I like having many projects on the go at different stages, and using different methods. That way if I feel like appliqueing, I can pick up that project and applique; if I feel like piecing, I can pick up this project and piece. This also means I end up with quite a few UFOs but I always seem to go back to the ones I really like and finish them up... eventually.

This is on my design wall at the moment.

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I define myself as a traditional quilter because I love all of the traditional patterns. I don't like improv or liberated piecing. I like things to be straight and to use rulers and cutters. I love following patterns for blocks. I will sometimes change the layout or the size of the quilt in a pattern.

Although I think of myself as a traditional quilter, I do love to use the new modern fabrics in my quilts.

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

I quilt because it is my passion. I absolutely love every aspect of quilting. From picking out fabric and a pattern, to hand stitching the binding on, and every other bit in between. It calms me and lets me escape all of the hustle and bustle of our busy schedules. It is therapy when I am going through something difficult and it is also fun. I don't like going through a day without playing with fabric and thread, if only for 10 minutes.

So that's a little bit about me and my passion for quilting. I have tagged 3 on-line friends but I am not sure if they will fill the challenge as they didn't respond when I sent them an email. I will let you in on who they are though and you can go check out their blogs.

First is Kaaren who blogs over at The Painted Quilt. Kaaren is a friend of my mom's who now lives out in Eastern Canada. She does some wonderful stitching and piecing. I like seeing her photos of what she's working on, as well as the photos of her dog and cat, usually curled up by the fire.

Second is Rachel Hauser from Stitched In Color. I am currently taking an online class from Rachel and I am absolutely loving it. I love reading Rachel's blog posts about how she starts a project, where inspiration comes from. She has some great tutorials as well.

And last but not least is Diane who blogs over at Dianeloves2quilt. Diane and I seem to have a fondness for similar patterns and quilts. I love seeing what she is working on.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. great looking quilts Ginnette.....I love your basket quilt and the winter scence
    but all are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little hedgehog is killing me with his cuteness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hexagons, triangles, diamonds, HSTs, applique... this post showcased your versatility in shapes. I also love that the examples you chose are in a variety of color palettes, too. I also like to use the modern fabrics in a way that does not stray too far from the traditional. I will be delighted to participate in the Around the World Blog Hop so stay tuned in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!