Wednesday 23 December 2015

The Pink Quilt aka Katie's Favourite Things

In my last post, I told you that I made quilts for my friend's daughters.  This quilt is for the oldest sister.  She likes all things pink.  Her mom sent me a list of her favourite things and I made her a custom quilt.

Katie's Favourite Things Quilt

Some blocks are machine appliquéd, and some are pieced.  Since some of the blocks were different sizes, I decided to add pink patchwork for the sashing.  I dug in my stash for all of the pink fabric I had.  I have very few scraps left now!


Penny block
Penny

The above photo is Katie's favourite doll Penny.  Her mom sent me drawings of the doll so I could get her just right.  This quilt was definitely the result of some team work!

R2-KT
R2-KT

Pink Hippo
Pink Hippo

For the quilting, I used a pattern called Floral meander.  I thought it needed something soft and flow-y.  I think it turned out so pretty.  I am sure she will love it!

Katie's Favourite Things Quilt

Label

They get their quilts in a couple of days now and I can't wait to know what their reactions will be.  I really had fun making them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - how cute is that?! You did an awesome job with this. The recipient will love it! Merry Christmas Ginette! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!