Monday 5 March 2012

I just couldn't help myself!!!

I have been admiring all of the beautiful Granny Square blocks showing up in blogland and I just couldn't help myself!!


I had to join in the fun!  I only have the one all sewn up but there are 3 more on my design wall, just waiting...
I am using up some more scraps for these.  I had a small box filled with 2.5" squares so I dug those out.  Then I took out a bunch of 2.5"x5" strips and 5" squares that were cut out to make some quilts from the 
"Nickel Quilts" book by Pat Speth.  They were just sitting there so I thought, why not?  I have a couple of big rubbermaid bins full of scraps, I can always cut up some more when I decide to actually make my next quilt from the book, right?
Anyhow, the Granny Squares are so much fun to make!  If you were thinking about it, but weren't sure, I say, join the party!!
I used Jolene's tutorial over at Blue Elephant Stitches but also followed TraceyJay's tutorial for the setting triangles.  Love it!

I also made a birthday gift this weekend.  The little girl I work with turns 8 today so I made her a cushion.


She is partially blind so I picked out some of my brightest colored fabrics and embroidered her name on it too.  


I put blue minky on the back because blue is her favorite color.  I won't be able to give it to her as I am home today with a sick little girl but I sent the gift to school with my other daughter.  I am sure she will like it!

Have a great week everyone!  I am hoping to make more Granny Squares and work on my challenge for the Guild.

4 comments:

  1. nice Ginette.. and you are infecting your mother as well.... good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! They are addictive, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup addictive blocks! Love how you embroidered her name on the pillow. I am sure the textures are just as important for her. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!