Saturday 20 July 2013

Time for a little update

Summer has been crazy so far. We've done a little bit of this,
A little bit of that,
And even some of this,

And in between all of the fun stuff, I have been sewing, a little bit!

I taught the girls to embroider, so I decided to do a little bit myself.

I think this will become either a pillow or I will frame it in a hoop.
 
Last week I cut these out.
The charm squares will eventually become one baby quilt and the other pile has already been sewn into blocks because I need a baby quilt for our family doctor before the end of the month.
 
I have also been working on some flags in support of the disaster in Lac Mégantic, Québec. You can read more about the project here. It is going to be something similar to the "To Boston With Love" project that you can read about here.
Here is my first flag, all done.

I fused the hearts on then hand appliqued them with a blanket stitch. I machine embroidered my name and city on the back. I have 3 more in the works. I will take pictures to share with you before sending them next month.

And finally, I cleaned out and organized my fabric cupboard. Boy did that feel good! I used this tutorial to arrange my yardage and then I bought plastic bins at Home Depot (at 97 cents each) and sorted the big pieces by colour. My fat quarters are in 2 bins all neatly folded. Now I need to go buy one more BIG bin for my scraps because they don't seem to fit in the small ones anymore. I think 2014 will be the year of the scrap quilts!

Hope you are having a great summer too!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, it looks like you are having a great summer! Looking forward to seeing that come together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!