Friday 2 August 2013

Ricky Tims - Woo-Hoo!!

Yesterday I had a fantastic day! Not only did my wonderful husband take over with the children so that I could have a day to myself, I got to go listen to Ricky Tims talk about quilting all day!

My mom and I

The day started at 9:30 with a lecture about machine appliqué. I learned so much in that first hour and a half, I wanted to head home and practice everything he had talked about!

After lunch he talked to us about design development. Although this lecture was very heavy, it was so informative and I found myself less afraid of trying to design my own quilts. Ricky simplified everything, it was amazing! I am looking forward to reviewing my notes and designing my own quilt. I think I will start with a mini! I just have to remember to "create from the outside in".

The final lecture was about machine quilting. Let me tell you, as someone who is working on her machine quilting skills, this was great! I will be able to apply what we learned when I work on the long arm but I am also thinking maybe I should give it a try on my PFAFF. I can start with a potholder after all!

So then it was dinner time, and we were heading out to the restaurant for supper, with Ricky Tims! My mom's friend Gaëtanne is a friend of the LQS's owner Michele. Michele was taking Ricky out for dinner so we ended up meeting up and having dinner together! It was fun to talk quilting with him and finding out more about his home in Colorado. We even talked about his retreats! I am dreaming of going there one day. It would be fantastic to go spend 5 days quilting and learning from Ricky!

Ricky and I after dinner

After dinner we headed back to the college for a concert. Ricky is also a musician and he played some lovely songs for us on the piano and told us some great stories about his life.

Me, my mom Alice, Linda, Gaëtanne, Michele and Ricky

I had such a great day! If you ever get the chance to go see and listen to Ricky Tims, you should definitely go. It was worth every penny! I am so blessed to have had the chance!

 

4 comments:

  1. Ginette, that sounds like such an amazing day! What a super fabulous always-to-be-remembered opportunity. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous !!, SOUNDS like such a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow it sounds like you had a fabulous day! Lucky lady. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you came out of today really inspired and renewed. Glad your day was so great. I bought one of Ricky's albums and yes he is a great musician as well. I will watch for an opportunity to see him in person in my area based on your glowing experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!