Thursday 12 December 2013

TGIFF - A Christmas gift

I haven't posted anything for TGIFF for a while so I thought I would take advantage of the fact that one of the teachers' Christmas gifts is done and share it with you.
My 6 year old's grade one class has a mascot. He is a Schnauzer called Pitou (a stuffed animal). My daughter just loves this dog. I remembered that one of the blocks in my A Tisket A Tasket quilt was a basket of apples with a dog. I found the pattern and enlarged it a little. I came up with this:
I think it is perfect! I had fun picking fabrics and threads for this one. My favourite is the variegated thread I used for the basket.

I echo quilted around it to fill in the background a bit.

I still have to make a label. My daughter said she would help me with that and we had to write on it that it's Pitou on the quilt. She is such a cutie!

 

2 comments:

  1. Such a bright and cheerful mini, Ginette. I don't know why, but I always think plaid when I see Schnauzers so I find that binding to be the perfect touch. Lucky teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Your choice of the variegated thread looks wonderful. I think her teacher is going to be so touched!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!