Tuesday 9 October 2018

Mystery Quilt 2018

This past summer, my mom organized a mystery quilt for my quilt group. This is the third time she does this but it is the first time I have decided to participate. In the past, I have thought that summer is just such a busy time for me, but this year, my girls are older and I thought, why not?!

I had so much fun working on this quilt!


I used some low volume fabrics from my stash but I had to go buy some fat quarters from my LQS as well because I didn't have enough variety to go with the mediums and darks I had chosen. The mediums and darks are mostly Bonnie and Camille fabrics.


I finished the quilt top in July and quilted it in September. I picked a floral quilting design since the fabrics had so many flowers on them.  This quilt is so light in colour, I think it will be more of a spring and summer quilt so the flowers are very appropriate. I just finished the binding this past weekend, so from start to finish it took about 6 months.


The pattern is Surrounded from the book Oh Scrap! by Lissa Alexander. I bought this book in the spring and my mom borrowed it. She loved the quilt so much she made it our mystery quilt! 


Five out of the nine of us have finished our quilts and we all love them! It was so much fun to work on this project together. We would send each other e-mails and pictures of our finished blocks to encourage each other. We sent each other photos of our finished quilts as well, and then brought them to our retreat a couple of weeks ago to show each other. Some of the girls who aren't done brought their blocks to work on their quilts. I love my quilty friends! 


1 comment:

  1. This is a very good post! Just keep updating much useful information

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!