Tuesday 18 June 2013

Not what I was expecting

Last weekend was not at all what I expected it to be. Most of you might remember me mentioning I was going to a retreat at my mom's. Well, unexpected things came up and I ended up spending my weekend with my husband and kids instead.

I did spend Friday morning and evening at my mom's with my quilting buddies though. And during this time, we did manage to pick out our UFO for our challenge! I am sure some of you are dying to know which of my projects got picked out of the bag....

Ta da!

 

It was my Friendship Star bed quilt.

The last time I worked on this quilt was March 2012. I talked about it in this post.

I got stuck after putting on the second border... It ended up a little wonky so I was nervous about continuing on to the last border. After some consultation with my mom/quilter, I decided it will be fine but never got around to finishing it.

So here we are over a year later and it still isn't done. I am really glad this quilt got pulled out of the bag. I would really like to put it on my bed! So now the goal is to have it done before June 2014 so I can get my $10 back!

I will post a picture of the completed quilt top, hopefully within the next month! In the meantime you can check out this post for a few in progress photos.

 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you get your $10 back. :) Hope everything's okay?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!