Friday 7 September 2012

A small finish, but a finish nonetheless!

I finished this mini-quilt on September 3rd.  It was a little late but so worth the wait!


I had lots of fun going thru my scraps to make this quilt.  As it came together, I got more and more excited!  
I used black thread for the buttonhole stitch around all of the pieces and I think it was the perfect finishing touch.

Those of you who have been following me for a while probably know I got the pattern from the book Count On It by Art to Heart.

I really think this would be great to give as a gift to a teacher with his or her name appliqued on instead of "Sept".  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree! Perhaps with one of those mini quilt holders so they could put it on his/her desk? The buttonhole stitch in black looks great, Ginette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Any teacher would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's two apples linked up! What's going on?!! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be cute!! I would use the last name so she could hang it in her classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute little quilt. I agree, any teacher would love to have this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!