Monday 3 September 2012

Color My World White

I am a few days late with my challenge block... the color for August was white.

This was definitely the toughest color yet.  Once I got to looking through my fabric though, I was inspired to call this my winter star.


I know it is very hard to see, especially in photos, but the center and points of my star are a snowflake fabric with a tiny bit of glitter in it.  I think it will show up a lot better once all of my star blocks are together in a quilt.

This block looks better in person.  I took a few photographs but these were the 2 best ones.  
I used fabrics with different tones and prints.  


I am definitely glad this one is done and excited to move on to September's color which is orange!!  

I also realized last month that I haven't told you where I got my patterns for my blocks.  Most of them are from a pattern of a class I took back in 2000 called Century Stars.  I also pulled a few from the book called Around The Block by Judy Hopkins.  All of the fabrics have come from my stash with the exception of the black star, where I had to borrow a piece from my mom.

You should go check out M-R's white block.  She got very creative I think!


1 comment:

  1. Your piecing is great and these white on white fabrics create a very pretty effect. I wish I could see it in person because I'm sure it shows up better in real life :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!