Monday 27 August 2012

Some hand work

I needed some hand work to finish off the summer and my mom had 3 quilts ready to bind.
I offered to bind this beautiful Batik quilt for her.

 Isn't it gorgeous!

My mom has an awesome collection of batiks and I think this quilt is just beautiful!

close-up of quilting and back

Also, I just finished registering the girls for gymnastics for the fall.  My 6 year old is starting pre-competitive gymnastics at a new club.  So, I was thinking I need some hand work to bring to all these practices.  I decided to dig through some UFOs and found this stained glass piece.

I don't even know when I started this... I think it is at least 10 years old!
I think i can finish it before Christmas this year.

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend who's making a framed four square quilt from batiks, so I was happy to see your Mom's -- it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful quilt!! I like how the blocks edges highlight those little squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom's quilt is yummy, she is lucky you bind it for her. And that appliqué piece will be lovely....I just knit when I have to wait somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!