Wednesday 5 September 2012

WIP Wednesday - 09/05/2012

September is so busy already and my calendar just keeps filling up!  I am surprised I am getting any quilting done at all!

Yesterday, I made this little table topper for my 4 year old's night stand.  


I pieced the background then basted the quilt.  I quilted a simple cross-hatch pattern through the squares.  Then I ironed on some shapes I cut out with my Go! Baby using Steam-a-seam 2 Lite.  I proceeded to machine applique the quilt shapes down using a buttonhole stitch, quilting through all layers at the same time.  Then I finished it off with a decorative stitch in the border.  
As you can see, I still need to stitch down the binding.

Today, I pieced some more log cabin blocks.


Tomorrow I am working so I think the next time I get some sewing time will be on Friday night.  I should have a finish posted for TGIFF though, so stay tuned!


needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com.png


4 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty, pretty logcabin blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colours in the log cabin is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects, Ginette. Glad to hear that you will be linking up on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely topper, and the log cabins look all new in those colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!