Monday 19 November 2012

a little sewing can do you good.

My big girl has a cold and stayed home with me today.  I love having one on one time with her, even if she isn't feeling 100%.  It wasn't hard to convince her to take on some calm activities today and I was really happy when I asked her if she wanted to sew and the answer was yes.

She started this pillow for herself back in June.  The 9 patch in the middle was done so we simply had to add the borders.

She is getting so good at sewing all by herself... She knows to put the fabric right sides together and keep the edges even.  She even knows how to follow the quarter inch foot without any help!

She loves this variagated thread!

She loves doing embroidery because she gets to design everything on the computer and one of her favorite parts is picking the thread colors.


Minky!

She LOVES the minky on the back of the pillow!  She spent the rest of the day laying down on it and petting it!
I am so glad she loves to create and play with fabric!  She's already learning that it can be therapeutic too.  It helped her feel better today.

And this is a little bit of what I sewed today:


This little baby should be getting her quilts soon!  Better late than never!

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! What a treat to spend that time with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented daughter you have - hope she feels a bit better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginette! You are up next for Feature Friday at TN&TN : ))) I am having trouble getting an email for you. Can you write to me and I'll send you the instructions?
    Monika at mysweetprairie at gmail dot com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!