Saturday 3 November 2012

Color My World Grey

October's color in the Color My World Challenge was grey.
This was a tough one for me because I never use grey in my quilts.  I did manage to sort through my fabrics though and find some greys.  


This is one of my favorite star blocks.  I got the pattern from a class I took back in 2000 called Century Stars.  Although I am not a big fan of solids, I am very pleased with the look of this block.

I just love the fabrics in the center of the block!
Only 2 months left for the challenge!  November is blue and I already have my block all cut up!  I had no problems at all finding blue fabric in my stash and I want to get a head start because I know time will fly by again this month.


6 comments:

  1. Love the star Ginette! Can't wait to see what you do next month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the color gray. I would be hard pressed to find gray in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought that gray could be so pretty. Really nice Gin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great star, Ginette! I love the mix of dots, checks and solids -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool star design, the centre square really stands out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!